In April, 2016 Rose Queen Erika Winter and Executive Committee Vice President Ed Morales traveled to Macon, Georgia for the Macon Cherry Blossom Festival.
“The Macon Cherry Blossom Festival was my first trip out of state as Rose Queen, and I couldn’t imagine a better place to start,” said Erika Winter. “I had such a wonderful time visiting historical landmarks like the Hay House, and learning about the city of Macon. My favorite part of my visit was meeting the Cherry Blossom court. The girls were so sweet, welcoming, and a perfect representation of Macon.”
The Executive Committee Officers and Vice Presidents of the Tournament of Roses Association travel to visit other festivals around the country each year with the sole purpose of improving on our own parade and ancillary events.
In July, Queen Erika will travel with Executive Committee Vice President Laura Farber to the Minneapolis Aquatennial festival in Minnesota to celebrate the cities famous lakes, rivers, and streams.
Other Festivals visits include:
- Fiesta San Antonio Festival (San Antonio, Texas in April)
- 500 Festival (Indianapolis, Indiana in May)
- Kentucky Derby Festival (Louisville, Kentucky in May)
- Calgary Stampede (Calgary, Alberta, Canada in July)
- Aquatennial (Minneapolis, Minnesota in July)
- International Festival and Events Association’s Convention and Expo (Tucson, Arizona in September)
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (New York, New York in November)
In turn, the Tournament invites other festival organizers to visit our America’s New Year Celebration thus allowing them to learn as well from the events and operations put on by the Tournament of Roses.by